Saturday, November 21, 2009

Adoption Info #3 - Status of International Adoptions

In honor of National Adoption Day today, I thought I'd post this interesting article I came across.  It outlines the status of international adoptions in the US this year.  I have to agree that it seems international adoptions are getting more and more difficult, and that ultimately they will be phased out more and more.  While in some cases that will be good (i.e. it will mean that there will not be as many orphans in the countries and/or more children will be adopted within country), but in some it will be bad (i.e. the kids will just stay in orphanages or foster care rather than being adopted).  I predict the world of international adoption will be very different 5 years from now.

http://www.rainbowkids.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=683

1 comment:

The Thomasson's said...

What a interesting article. Thanks for sharing!!