Friday, December 18, 2009

Baby Fox is 6 months old!... and Taiwan adoption statistics

oday my baby Fox is 6 months old. I can hardly believe it!  He grows up so fast.  He is now in the 90% for height, 60% for his head, and only 3% for weight.  He's a tall skinny boy, apparently!  The doctor wasn't worried, though--she said he is consistent and he is healthy, so we're not worried either.  We will keep making sure he eats a lot, though--I don't know how this little guy is so skinny since he is such a good eater!  I steamed and blended some spinach that Grandpa Dan grew, and so Fox celebrated his 6 month old birthday by eating some tasty tasty spinach.  He wasn't sure about it at first, but by the end he seemed to like it pretty well.  I've attached a video--this is definitely the messiest he's ever gotten!!



In other news, the US State Dept has released the total number of international adoptions in the US for fiscal year 2009, which is interesting.  Last year there were 219 Taiwanese adoptions, and this year there were 253!  So they are still on the rise.  It really is a pretty interesting table overall  (http://www.adoption.state.gov/news/total_chart.html)  As a whole, international adoptions are way down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!!

Annie said...

Oh my! What a cute little spinach eater! I love that messy face!