Thursday, October 15, 2009

USCIS approval!!


Big news, YAY! Today we received our I-171H form from the USCIS, approving us to adopt a baby from Taiwan! We are so pleased by the timing--we were told to expect a 30-90 day wait, and it only took 27 days. It isn't often that things move QUICKER than expected in International Adoption!
This is the last item we were waiting on for our dossier, so I made copies and we mailed all of our documents to our agency. Here's a picture of Fox 'helping' us do the paperwork for his little sister :) The timing was truly perfect...we were told that we couldn't submit our dossier to Taiwan until Fox turns 4 months old. Guess what...Fox turns 4 months old THIS SUNDAY. Yep, our agency will likely be receiving our dossier literally a day or two beforehand. I'm not sure how long it'll take for our agency to mail our full dossier to Cathwel, for them to translate the documents, etc. But at this point it is all out of our hands. I'll definitely post each step of the way--I'm hoping it won't be more than a week or two. I can't wait until we can say we are officially WAITING for our referral!!
Just so everyone knows, I do plan on updating this blog during the long wait, so please check back often. I plan on posting more Taiwan Fun Facts and misc adoption information. Plus I'm thinking about doing movie reviews of films that are adoption-friendly (and adoption-UNfriendly). So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations! That is a biggy. I am looking forward to hearing that you are officially "waiting"!

Steve n Coco said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!
Be blessed,
Courtney