Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Meeting results

So I think our first meeting went really well! We went to Nancy's house (nice place, not far from my work) and she gave me iced tea, and she did most of the talking! She gave us tons of hand-outs (articles, lists of adoption resources, etc), talked to us a lot about various adoption issues, etc. Chris and I actually did very little talking! She made us feel very comfortable, I'd say. It lasted a little over 2 hours, and we are going back next Tuesday for our second visit. Then our third visit will be on Monday the 30th, and our final visit (in OUR house) will be on Wednesday July 9th! We told Nancy we are hoping to finish as soon as possible, and she said she'd go ahead and start writing up her portion so it will be done not long after our final visit. So it looks like we're doing pretty well time-wise. We are just so anxious to finally get on the waiting list and be able to kick back and relax for awhile....

2 comments:

Steve n Coco said...

Congrats! First hurdle jumped...
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Yay, I am getting so excited! I hope everything goes so smoothly. Keep updating! I love to hear how it's going. :) Chi