Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2nd Meeting/Blog additions

We had our second meeting with Nancy today, and I feel it went really well. This time there was a lot more Q&A, which was actually quite nice. I really felt like we had some good conversations. Only two more meetings to go! I'm nervous about the in-home meeting, but I don't feel TOO bad about it. We'll get our house nice and clean before then :)
I added a few features to this blog - just to jazz it up a bit. I've added a clock showing Taipei time (just because I think its neat) and a break-down of our timeline. I know I always love looking at other people's timelines, so I thought I'd get ours started - someone may appreciate it someday!
Tomorrow is my 27th birthday, so I get the day off work! I'm just going to bum around and go collect all the free birthday food I've been signing up for all year long. Probably have to do a bit of homework, too, unfortunately (I'm working on my Master of Liberal Arts degree). Mostly a fun day, though.

2 comments:

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Happy Birthday! And congrats on your second visit (I was a wreck and what's funny is my state only requires one, haha). By the time we finish though, we'll have a few updates and visits done. The in home meeting wasn't bad... although ours was trying to fit all your visits in one. Here's some hints that I didn't know and my agency clued me in: fire extinguisher on the fridge (they actually require 2 in this state), clearly mark the first aid kit as my social worker thought it was medicine and asked why it wasn't locked up (until we showed her it was bandaids etc.), and finally, they don't check your dust or your spots on your stove so stop scrubbing! ;0) j/j Don't make it too emaculate as they want to see you able to handle some kid clutter (my kids dumped a whole bucket of leggos and train tracks because they wanted her to play). Don't ask why I'm giving you unasked for advice... sorry. Anyways, good luck with the HS visit, the homework & have a blast on your B-day! Sara

Cramber said...

Hi Sara,
Thanks for the tips! I really do appreciate it - every little suggestion helps. I'm not worried about our house getting too clean - I think that is probably impossible, lol. I'll keep y ou updated! :) Amber