Sunday, May 11, 2008

Getting closer....

We are now only 20 days from starting the adoption process! During a recent trip to Epcot we purchased a Daruma doll for our bio baby and one for our Taiwan baby. Daruma are Japanese wishing dolls--they have blank eyes, and one is supposed to fill in one of the eyes when one makes a wish (in our case, when we start paperwork for our Taiwan baby) and then fill in the second eye when the wish comes true (when we bring her home!). It is something I have wanted to do for a long time :) I'm glad they still had the Daruma dolls at the Japanese pavillion!
On a side note, I have been hearing rumors that some Taiwan agencies are switching to SN only. I am going to email ASIA to make sure we are still cool to move forward in just a couple of weeks!

4 comments:

strangeling said...

Hey Amber!

What does "SN" only mean?

Steve n Coco said...

Amber,
I have an email in to ASIA too about that... I'd love to hear what you find out. We can compare notes!
Courtney

Cramber said...

Hi Jas!
Sorry, SN = special needs. NSN = non-special needs (aka "healthy"). :)

Cramber said...

Hi Courtney,

I got an email back from ASIA saying this: "the wait for non-special needs program from Taiwan is unknown currently. I wouldn’t suggest that you try to plan things too closely." This may be because we are trying to time things very specifically, rather than an overall statement of uncertainty. I would love to hear what you hear from them!