Saturday, May 31, 2008

5th Anniversary

Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary! I spent the morning doing a heart-walk with my mom, sister Kachina, and her kids Theo and Ellie. It was pretty fun! Then we went to our favorite windery (Pirtle winery: www. pirtlewinery.com) where we drank mead and fruit wine and ate a tasty cheese/bread/apple basket under the grape arbor. We also visited Daddy's house for a bit since we were in the area, ate some ice cream cake, and went to see the second Narnia movie - Prince Caspian. It was a fun day!!

We have been working hard on our homestudy documents - the autobiography is tough. Mine is probably going to end up being 10 pages long or something. We have to fill out a lot of forms for different clearances and request a lot of letters from people (reference letters from friends, verification of employment from our workplaces, etc). It is a lot of work (and takes a long time!) but we are anxious to get it all done so we can get on the first waiting list (the one with our agency to wait for the privilege of sending our homestudy to Taiwan - we are guessing it will be at least 1 1/2 to 2 years and possibly even more). It will all be worth it eventually :)

4 comments:

Steve n Coco said...

Happy anniversary! Sounds like a nice time. By the way, I think my autobiography was about that long too- and it felt like our SW never even looked at it!! Oh well, it was good for me... Good luck!
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I found your blog and we're thinking about applying to ASIA's Taiwan program as well. I'd love to hear your experiences with them so far and what kind of info you have received from them.

Thanks
Do you have an email address where I can contact you? Thanks :-)

Cramber said...

Hi there,
So far we really love ASIA. Marci (who you would probably deal with a lot in the beginning) is absolutely wonderful - she is always VERY quick to answer questions (of which we had plenty!). I like their policies, and like their payment schedule (spread out pretty well). They just give me a very good vibe, you know? And I like how they make you go through an online adoption class to learn more about the obstacles you might run into with your adopted child, and I like how they have annual reunions for families who have adopted. Feel free to email me with any more questions you might have: aalogan @ hotmail.com (remove the spaces)

Steve n Coco said...

Amber,
Can you email me privately? I was hoping to ask you about your "waiting" plans...
Courtney
stevencocoj@msn.com