Sunday, June 7, 2009

Moving up the list....

I knew that we were going to be bumped up to the #1 slot on the "waiting to wait" list because of another family withdrawing, but I was shocked when I got an email from our agency saying that a slot IN TAIWAN had opened up, and wondering if we wanted to go ahead and submit our homestudy to be on the REAL waiting list. I replied, saying "wait, I thought we couldn't submit our homestudy until our bio baby was at least 6 months old!" and I got a response that "oh yeah, we forgot you were still pregnant--we'll have to skip you." Needless to say, that was quite frustrating. For a moment I thought perhaps our homestudy would soon be on its way to Taiwan! Alas, now we would have to wait for both a) little Fox to be born and turn 6 months old AND b) another spot to open up in Taiwan. With the way things are going with Chung Yi, it seems unlikely for the second condition to happen anytime soon. So we are continuing to research our other agency options, thinking we will likely have to switch our agency/orphanage if we want our kids to be close in age.

In pregnancy news, my estimated due date is now just 3 days away. We are getting anxious! Just can't wait for this little guy to get here. I'm still feeling great, so I'm not really uncomfortable or anything, but I just feel like it's TIME, you know? We drove around town today looking for the biggest hills we could find, having heard that climbing hills helps stimulate labor :) If nothing else, it was good exercise!!

5 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

how exciting and then devastating. Seems silly tohave to wait the 6 months but they have their reasons. Waiting for news on little ones arrival :)

blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Jillianne said...

LOL-I have been eating Eggplant parmesegn, spicy food, walking a couple of miles a day, anything to get this kid out (DONT TRY CASTOR OIL_IWARN YOU THE SIDE EFFECT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!).

I figure it is coming soon enough. Otherwise I will just be induced next week on the 18th. I have actually been mostly good for the last six months other than the allergies and a couple of tired days from stress from work and family but today I was feeling really great so I am taking Ruth and my niece swimming at the pool in just a little bit. I am going to walk up there in a bit just to meet them. I just wish I had shorts or something more comfortable to wear up to there.

I am not feeling quite brave enough to show off the big belly in a swim suit today! Good luck to you, I am awaiting anxiously. I figure I will hear something on facebook first...or of course there is the other source.

Steve n Coco said...

So sad about the Taiwan program, but I'm glad that you are looking into other possibilities!

I'm so glad that you're feeling so good still! Any day now!!
Be blessed,
Courtney

Sarah k said...

OH THAT IS NOT FAIR! I am so sorry hon. I hope that they understand what they have done! That was just wrong! Hang in there....

Sarah k

Jillianne said...

Just because I don't have your email or anything-Congrats! Fox looks so adorable and I am so happy for you and Chris! You guys are going to make amazing parents!