Tuesday, July 29, 2008

On ASIA's waiting list!!

We are pleased to announce that we are now on ASIA's waiting list! Our official date is yesterday (7/28/08), and we are #6 on the list I found out today. We are excited!! That means there are 5 people ahead of us on ASIA's waiting list, waiting for a spot to open up in Taiwan. There are 3 spots in Taiwan (those are people actively waiting for a referral), so in total there are 8 people ahead of us for our agency (I have NO CLUE how many people there are total). 8 is a lucky number. We are requesting a NSN (non-special needs) infant girl age 0-12 months. My best guess at this point is that it will be perhaps 3-4 years for a referral? I am basing that upon knowing that there has not been a referral since December 2007 (so 7 months and counting), and basically there is nothing to suggest a speed-up anytime soon. We will try to be patient :) So we are done with this portion of the process, so we can mostly kick back and wait now (except that we are still having to work on our adoption education classes). I'll still post occasionally, though. I'm thinking about providing useful information about Taiwan and about adoption issues to my family and friends who will hopefully watch our journey via this blog, so check back often!

1 comment:

Mark & Kris said...

We are researching a Taiwan adoption. Why has there been no referrals since December? Could you e-mail me kris_warner@yahoo.com