Monday, March 3, 2008

No more FHSA for us :(

So I got an email from the Florida Home Studies and Adoptions agency (who I have been in contact with several times so far in 2008), telling me that since January of this year they are only working with residents of Florida. WTF? They tell me this in March?? So I'm disappointed, as they were our front runner. Right now we're down to one option now (Commonwealth), and that makes me uncomfortable. I am off to research other agencies so we can hopefully have two options once again..........

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Beware. Commonwealth has a gag clause.

Bill, Gina & Jilliann said...

Why does Commonwealth make you uncomfortable?? They're a wonderful agency...we're with them and haven't had one issue with them. As for the "gag clause"...much of it (if you want to call it that) is just common sense stuff that you wouldn't do anyway.
If you'd like please feel free to check out my yahoo group, there's plenty of agencies on there that work with Taiwan that are not Commonwealth.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adoptionhelper/
Take care and keep your chin up!
Gina

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, it is a blessing in disguise. FHSA is one of the worst agencies out there. I don't know what is happening with their Tiawan program but they have had many problems with several families in the Vietnam, Nepal, & in their Guat programs. By bad problems I mean people left high and dry in foreign countries not being able to bring children home and people coming home with no child, after visiting and waiting months. I don't think they have a single good comment on the Agency Research list