Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chinese New Year!

Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. The house is decorated, but we won't be doing any serious celebrating today. I'm sure I'll wear red today, but our family party is tomorrow night. My sister Kachina and her two kids plus my dad and step-mom will be coming over for a big dinner. I'm going to make tea eggs (first attempt!), fried rice (new recipe!), egg drop soup (slightly altered!) and blooming tea (first attempt!). Should be fun! I intend on taking a number of photos tomorrow with the intent of eventually using some of them in our adoption photo book. That is exciting for me :)

2 comments:

strangeling said...

Sounds like fun! How did the tea eggs go?

I love those blooming teas (those ones that unfold in the glass teacup?) that you gave me! They are so pretty, for some reason it reminds me of watching those "magic rocks" we had when we were little.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jas! The eggs were quite pretty - kinda marbled looking. They don't taste any different, though.

Blooming teas are awesome! We all stood around and watched it unfold - it was really neat. You know, I think Daddy made some kind of comment about it being a cross between magic rocks and sea monkeys....